Monday, October 5, 2009

sweetest hello

hello thirties.

you welcomed me with such a wonderful, fall weekend of camping.
although i had reservations about going away for my birthday, away as in outside the realm of all communications, once we pulled on to the gravely mountain road - my heart was happy.
my husband is that of perfection; what a wonderful job he did planning.
he is the sweetest, most compassionate, caring person. i love him, completely.
the freating we do over age. it is kind of silly.
i said my prayers & thanked my dear Savior for another day, another year.
but -because i do freat. and i do put big deals on birthdays.
- this is a new beginning for me.
not one tear did i end up shedding the day of my birthday.
i really surprised myself.
i am happy to report i did not spend the day in bed with a gallon of ice cream, bottles of wine and boxes of kleenex - instead, i woke up with such a rejuvenating sense of life.
i was no longer thinking of what i had missed out on or hadn't accomplished.
or of the silly girls who had recently hurt me;
but only what i have to look forward too and the many new things that awaits.
i have so many wonderful and new exciting things coming up in the next few weeks and months.
i plan on making the most of every minute.
i am happy. i am loved. i am blessed.
happy birthday to me.

the beautiful sunrise the morning of my birthday.

a perfect morning.

our sweet home away from home.

thanks my darling for this photo op @ 6:00 in the morning,
after awaking you to build a fire -
thanks for this perfect birthday weekend.

our toasty camp fire where wonderful memories are made.

happiest birthday to me.

sitting around the fire with my precious dusty dog.

more beautiful signs of fall.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! Age is just a number, I say :-) I think I freaked out more over 29 than 30 ;-)

    wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful weekend!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! You look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!