Tuesday, September 7, 2010

lots of lasts

With the liquid diet lurking eagerly around the corner, the last few days have have been filled with several "last" meals. The biggest "goodbye" was the trip to the chinese buffet; it's my favorite food and has been a staple in my life for so many years. But that's in the past. Come Wednesday, it's game on. I am ready. Bring it!

I went this morning and picked up my Unjury and Pre-op diet list; this will be life as I know it for the next 4-6 weeks. Being honest, the next 2 weeks will be a challenge. And anyone who believes differently; well, feel free to share me your ideas on how to not be stressing over this. I am very happy that the pre-op diet also includes 6 small daily servings of sugar-free jello, pudding and yogurt and I think also some raw vegi's. A quick trip to the grocery store is on my to-do list for later today.

I just had my last "full" lunch with my co-workers. I told the girl I work with about my surgery, I assumed one person knowing would provide a little support here at the office; the thought of no one knowing was unsettling. She seemed happy and said she would be very supportive. I've changed my vacation week (Oct. 4-8) to coincide with my surgery and pre-op appointments. What are your thoughts? Have you told co-workers? If so, what were thier response?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lynne! I'm just beginning my journey - and other than the Hubs, our children, our Priest, and 2 friends, I haven't told anyone else.. I'm not sure if that will stay the same if and when I get closer to surgery - but for now, I've chosen to keep my cards close...

    I love reading your blog!
    ~Lisa

    http://therestofmylifelisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!