Friday, September 10, 2010

easy-smeasy!

Day 2 down, 11 to go...and it's getting easier! Yes, there it is- the pre-op liquid diet that was pure hell 2 long days ago; has gotten easier. The intense hunger pains have also subsided. And, the once disgusting shakes; I now look forward too. The only hurdle I seem to really still be facing is late evening before bedtime. Head hunger takes over and I crave to eat something, anything; so bad.  I've done really well at not listening and the urges subside. I know head hunger will be a battle for a while yet; but hopefully they will faint a wee bit as time goes on.

So, I have a small victory. Note: This is totally unofficial since my scales are can be bi-polar;  but I hopped on the scales this morning to see how they compared to my weigh-in yesterday at the Dr's office [251.5]. Well, in my skivvies I weighed-in at 249.2. [enter holy-mother-of-cheese!] I will give it a few days and weigh again on Monday morning; then we can officially celebrate the exit of the 2-5-0's.

On an unrelated note; Jay and I are feeling much better. We've been sick since the middle of last week with a yucky, yucky cold. The weather is supposed to be cooler this weekend and the leaves are starting to change; we might go for a drive to the mountains. Happy weekend to you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I can't wait to read all about your journey. You're getting close to surgery. It can be exciting and nerve racking, but it's a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, a great big soon to be welcome to the club!! My family live in East TN (Jefferson City/Morristown area) and it is just lovely in that part of the state. We are going to see how this trip goes and try to do another one next year, so keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and good luck! You will do great with the band... it is a process at first, but I am SO happy that I got the band.
    I love it and it is worth all of the up front trouble to get it done. Do your very best to follow all of your pre-op instructions and post-op of course.

    Keep Blogging!!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!