Saturday, January 16, 2010

it was a beautiful, December day.

the past 6-months have been such a whirlwind of change in our lives....and for the first time in my life, i can say i am happy. truly happy. & that is such an incredible feeling. some events over the last year were really, really tough and very hard and hurtful,  but i am now thankful they happened. as it was through the hurt, the anger, the waiting; i had so much time to look inside and reflect on who i was, who i had become. it was then i realized what i was missing and how we had gotten where we were. it was through this that we as a family, renewed our walk in God.  im thankful for such a wonderful husband, who hung in there with me during such a ruff year.

after visiting our church for the last year, we joined early December. this had been a decision that wasn't easily made on my behalf, but only because i had been a member of my home church, since birth. but we did. and  our lives since have been so abundantly blessed. we have so much to be thankful for, wonderful careers. beautiful families. our health. we have sweet friends (and I, the clarity on how my best friendship, went wrong)

God is so good. I'm so thankful he forgives and so thankful that he provides direction for our lives. Living each day with the focus of only making him happy instead of for myself, is how we got to where we are and how I can say I am truly happy.

This year has been beautiful so far....and only lovely things await. I'm so happy and look forward to every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!