Monday, December 3, 2007

i've already been thinking

...about the new year. and about my goals for the next year.

normally, they are the same. loose weight. exercise. buy less shoes. but this next year, im doing a make-over; of me. kind of going with, "gettin' things straight in 2008". so, here is an advanced copy of my new years resolutions for 2008:

1. become organized.
back when jamie and i got married and moved into a townhouse; i was the martha stewart of our complex. everything had a tote. with a label. and its own place, nestled snuggly by another, all cozy in a closet. if i needed something, i knew exactly where it was. i had decor for all seasons and holidays. i had wrapping paper/gift bags for every occassion. over the years and through our moves from maryville to kingston, and back. ive became a pack rat. not in the terms of i keep everything because i cant live without it. but it the terms of nothing has a place anymore. i cant find anything...its either in a closet, somewhere in my house. in the attic. under a bed. in the garage. its a domestic nightmare. so, my first new years resolution for 2008, is to become organized again.

2. pay it off!
i hate debt. probably more than the next person. not only does it prevent me from snatching up every pair of cute and perfect shoes i find but it prevents me from being free from worry. i hate the pressure of knowing you owe somebody, somewhere, something.....i want to be debt free. so, my second new years resolution, is to pay it off!

3. keep my schedule.
im the world's worst about making plans with someone, rather it be to meet with my dr, family or friends; and canceling. if the slightest thing comes up, that might make me rushed in the teeniest, tiniest amount; i'll cancel. honestly, i think being a stay at home mom this year, turned me into a homebody. and i come up with every excuse not to leave my house. i seriously hate that about myself. i think the lack of my social life this year, was (whispering in a very, very low tone, "my") fault. so, in 2008 - if i make plans with someone. they will be kept. i want to be a dependable friend. i always have been, but my recent track record has stunk! so, my third resolution in 2008, keep my schedule!

4. eat less. excercise more
as always, i couldn't make my list complete, without this one. what new year's resolution list doesn't have these goals? weight watchers has done so very well for me in the past. i want to find a buddy to got to meetings with again. excercise with. the moral support is a must for me to succeed. so my 4th and final resolution is too eat less/excercise more!

i hope this year i will succeed. i should. i mean, if im busy organizing my stuff and keeping my plans, then ill always be on the go....which will get me out of the house and doing things with others, not just quick trips for retail therapy....which will save $$.....so i should be totally organized, have a busy social life, be debt free and no longer be a fat ass after 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!