Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ONEderwoman is in 'da house!


Starting Weight: 258.8
Last weeks weigh-in: 200.4
This weeks weigh-in: 196.5
     
-3.9
Total loss: 62.3

Good-bye 200's, forever.









I write this post as my eyes are filled with tears and my heart, happiness. I can't believe I'm here. I made it. I'm out of the 200's forever. What a feeling!


Today marks several little victories:

1. Onderland
2. 60 pounds lost
3. .6 away from being out of the "Obese" BMI range.


I've not seen the 100's since the late 90's and it was only then for a brief time. I've been obese all my adult life and this, this is surreal. I never, ever thought I would see this side again. Even with the band, my poor self esteem always talked me down; always talked me out of the possibilites.


Last night I went to Zumba. It's of course in the main studio where mirrors surround you. For the first time, I didn't feel like the big girl in the class. For the first time, I didn't wanna run out and leave because the sight of myself in the mirror was nauseating. For the first time, I looked at myself and saw the much smaller version. I might've looked like a dork with my poor dance/aerobic skills - but being happy with myself, I didn't care.


Having done diet, after diet, after diet - my entire adult life, I really didn't know how the band was going to change that. Sure, I would eat smaller portions but I would still have to diet, right? Not at all. Over the last 5 months, I've learnt what the whole "Lifestyle Change" thing really is. All the many changes I've made personally just amaze me. I just never, ever thought I'd be someone healthy and live for a healthy lifestyle. The band brought me so much more than smaller portions; it changed my life, as a whole.


With 25 to go until I reach my goal, I've got this. I know the scale won't be as speedy as the first 62 pounds and that is fine. I've got happiness. And I've not had happiness in so, so long. And that my friends, is the biggest victory.
  

29 comments:

  1. Woo-Hoo! Yay yay yay! What a great day for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Nikki!!! I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. I am so happy for you. Your post broughtr tears to my eyes. You keep me going with your success. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. goodness I am weepy now!! I am so darn happy for you! Just yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. F'ing amazing, girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I'm almost crying at my desk reading this! I'm so happy for you! You've come so far and I know you'll accomplish your goals! YOU GOT THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have the words to express the excitement I feel for you!! There is nothing good enough. :) I'm just so, so happy for you. For reaching that number, but more importantly, for reaching that FEELING!! Triple hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAYYYYY! What a rocking week for you!! So excited for you, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How Awesome! I bet you feel wonderful (or onederful lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so awesome Nikki! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a milestone! you really are such an inspiration to others with PCOS that this can work. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go!! That is ONEderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharing your milestone with you is just as good as reaching my own goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing news. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're NOT the big girl anymore, you're the real Nikki! :) How amazing is that?

    ReplyDelete
  17. woo hoo!!! This is just so amazing!! I'm so thrilled for you I can't stand it! Congratulations, I'm just so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome!!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Your post made me tear up!!!! :')

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am sooo proud of YOU!!! You truly ARE "OnederWoman"!!!! You worked so hard and it is showing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Im a little late on reading your blog, as I have not had time to catch up. But that is amazing and Congratulations!!! I am sure the feeling is ONEdurful!! haha Keep up the awesome work, its definitely paying off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay!!!! Congratulations on hitting such a fantastic landmark goal! :D :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!