Tuesday, October 26, 2010

where did this come from?

Last night was my 2nd night at the gym. I ran 1.5 straight miles at 4.2 mph. I finished with a half mile walk and 5 minutes on the elliptical. Where did this come from? Saturday I walked for 30 minutes and about died. I haven't ran in years. My legs became numb and I felt no pain, I just ran. I ran for an entire mile and a half. Thank you motivation fairy for tapping my shoulder with your magical wand. Come again?

I stress over the amount of exercise needed and daily caloric goal to achieve. My nutritionist tells me one thing, the internet another. I know if one don't get enough calories, loss can stop. Currently I am getting 700-1000; is that normal? As for exercise, is it 5 days, thirty-minute workouts? Or 3 days, 1 hour workouts? Do I need to go everyday? I'm over-analyzing everything because I just want to get it right. The band is doing everything it's supposed to do for me; I want to make sure I hold up my end of the deal.

[picture: my post-workout stats: 35 min workout]

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I wish I had that endurance right now. :) You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is freakin' awesome!! As for your questions - I know this isn't what you want to hear but everyone is different. I've read some blogs where they didn't exercise at all and just focused on food and lost all the weight. I've read others where people work out like crazy every day. In the end, it all comes down to what works for YOU. Try one thing...if it doesn't work, try something else. If you plateau, change it up a bit. I think everything you stated will work. It all depends on you and what you decide on. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing about running 1.5 miles!

    I wouldn't stress so much about the work outs. Try to do something every day whether it is taking a walk or going to the gym for at least 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWOW!!! Great job!! Hey, while you're at it, send some of that motivation and stamina up here to me!!

    TERRIFIC!!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!