Tuesday, August 10, 2010

lovely end to another week.

It baffles me how fast weekends go by. this isn't a new realization but one that I wish didn't have to be.

we had a wonderful weekend. well, almost wonderful - my lovely momma ended up in the ER with really, scary blood pressure Sunday night. for her to go to a 1) hospital 2) to the ER; really meant something was wrong. She is a fighter, a strong soul, and the most generous and upbeat person you could ever cross paths with. But sometimes this is a major weakness for her; well, it is when it comes to her own health. I'm very thankful she sought medical help and that everything turned out to be ok; at this point a few medication adjustments.

Friday, we went to Walmart. Oh, how I love Walmart. I could go everyday, several times a day AND still find reasons to go back. Unfortunatly, in my small town, I live basically between 2 close locations. Dang.er.ous.

Saturday, we had a back to school "Stuff the Bus" event at church with a homemade icecream social. It was a great time, especially spending it with sweet girlfriends from the church. We then skipped down to my hometown and spent a few hours with my mamaw and attempted to make pictures of those precious hummingbirds. It was during this hour of my life, that I officially realized I am in no way a photographer and seriously need to take classes. My fancy angles and wanna be awesome shots, just didn't turn out the way I had all layed out in my head. I will go through them the next few days and share. I am pretty sure the photography class I am taking in Bristol this October cannot get here soon enough.

Saturday afternoon we came back to celebrate the 4th birthday of a BF's daughter. Watching this little girl was so warming. She is so full of expression - each gift she opened, or each cupcake she helped pass out to her little friends you could tell she was the happiest little girl on earth. I wonder if I was as excited when I was 4? It was a great party and such a joy to be part of her life.

Then.....Saturday afternoon we went fishing. Well, let me break this down. I got in the Jeep to go get our spot while dad-n-law and Jay went to get minnows. I pulled out of my drive, topped the hill, curbed by tire, [in my defense, the truck coming toward me was over to far, therefore making me go over to far] called J and dad-n-law to my rescue. Did you know not one person stopped to offer help? Not even the person who intially ran me off the road to curb the tire. Sadly, sometimes southern hospitality here in the south, isn't present. To fast forward, I made it to the lake, they wanted to fish from the bridge, me under the bridge, so I came home. It makes me nervous sitting up there. It's right at the mouth of the tail of the dragon and all those bikes speeding by are unsettling. So I left and got home to catch up on some much needed Zzzzzz's.

Sunday started revival...its was great! Have I mentioned I ♥  my church. It runs through Wednesday. Jay got nomitated to be the 2nd person in the sound room and I the Assistant Nursery Coordinator. I am not sure yet what that intells but happy to be part of the children's ministry.

I'm in a chatty mood today; right? Wishing everyone a wonderful week.


my sweet friend Kasey and I at making ice cream for the
"Stuff the Bus" donation drive.
yum. yum.

a few of some of the supplies donated.
awesome.

birthday party at the park
love my girls.

the sweetest birthday girl. happy 4th!
what a darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!