Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yesterday was that of a day at the gym. I suppose due to my recent love for the elliptical, my quads were being kind of stubborn. I did 3 minutes, stopped. Went and switched head phones with the hubs came back and did 3 more minutes, stopped. Gah! I was a bit frustrated at my poor endurance. I hit the treadmill for a mile and I guess that warmed me up a bit because I went back to the elliptical and got in 2.75 miles; so total 3.75 for the night. I was very happy with that considering it was one of those I would've rather been somewhere else kind of workouts.

I have a friend who almost 2 years ago started her weight loss journey and through healthy eating and exercise, has lost 50 lbs. Since, she has ran several 5ks and an 8k and is currently training for the Knoxville Half Marathon. She amazes me. I also have found so much inspiration from you sweet bands sisters (Manda, Beth Ann, Sarah G, to name a few), that I think I have talked myself into signing up for a 5k after the local marathon is over. Thank you girls! [I wished you lived closer so we could do it together!] You really don't know how much of an inspiration you are too me.

Happy note: My hubs has been with me to the gym twice now. That makes me so happy. I've tried for months to get him to come with me and am thankful he has finally stopped talking himself out of it. The way it works for me is if I get in the routine, I can't live without it; I feel fabulous. But when I begin to miss, it's so hard to make myself go. Fingers crossed he'll continue. He makes a pretty snazzy workout buddy!

Speaking of snazzy, I found some new shades for spring; the bigger the better! And even better - the sunshine is finally hanging around.


I welcome spring! 

13 comments:

  1. CUTE! You look FAB! I get inspiration from you! My paultry 10 minutes on the elliptical feels so small but considering how much it's doing for me I have to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them!
    Maybe one day I'll come do a marathon with you! Not yet. But one day! Maybe next spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls :) Tori, you'll work up. Remember, I once died at even 4-5 minutes!! Amanda, bring it! We can so rock a 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can totally do a 5K!! I know it. I could only run about 1.75 miles when I did my first. I'm so excited for you! Once you do one, you will be hooked. :)

    You are rocking those shades, girl!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2.75 miles on the devil machine? HOW??????
    I did 3 minutes last night and almost puked. ha!

    The glasses are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so what you're saying is you did some for me yesterday too! thanks!!!!! lol
    Love the shades... i agree with the bigger is better approach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats for sticking with the exercise and working through the pain. It's so much easier going to the gym when we do it as a family. We are also planning to train for a 5K as a family. Hope your husband keeps going with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a 5K with my daughter last fall and want to do more. I'm thinking about joining the gym by my work and hitting it up during lunch. :)

    Shades are CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, I don't know how. Mentally, I try to talk myself out of it but my body just keeps on going. You'll get there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watching yourself work up on the elliptical is so rewarding. I did 50 minutes last night...2 months ago I started at 10! No I'm starting to play with resistance and ramp height to change it up a little.

    I think signing up for the 5k is a great idea. Unfortunately my disability prevents me from doing this kind of thing (maybe some day), but I totally would! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shades! I wish spring would hit here (Southern IL) soon! I am tired of being cold. You could totally do a 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're an inspiration too, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!