Monday, September 27, 2010

I have a confession to make.....

protein shakes have become vile, discusting fluids that I am finding harder and harder to choke down. And, this morning was the first one I made myself drink in almost a week. slapping my hand. I just told my fellow band sister she has to drink her shakes, and here I am slaking royaly. I will do better this week. I will have two a day; moving on.

I have posted some pics from the day of my surgery. I can't believe it's almost been a week. Wednesday will be my weigh-in day and I am excited to post official numbers and lost since surgery. Recovery has been pretty smooth and I am back at the office today. I love my career and the people I work with; I missed it while I was out.

Waiting to go to surgery; the hat was no fashion statement!

cuties :)

When my husband first came back in recovery; I was sleeeeeping like a baby.


still sleeeeeeping.

2 of my 3 incisions; the other is in the belly button. ewee.

As for a NSV, this morning I fit into pants I outgrew about 5 - 6 months ago. They are my favorite Old Navy pants in the world and also a corporate work shirt I was never able to fit into! Can't wait to weigh-in this week for official numbers.

loving this!

One more thing, someone said I was loosing weight already this morning. That made my day! 

6 comments:

  1. I've been the same way. The protein shakes are not as good as they used to be. But I've gotta start drinking them again! Ugh :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have grown to hate protein shakes as well. As far as I'm concerned, if I ever have another one, it will be too soon! I can still stomach carnation instant breakfast so that's what I go to when I have to have liquids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO OVER protein shakes! I really can't wait for mushies - even though I am not hungry and don't actually want anything, I can change things up a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great you are getting compliments already. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the photos - the socks complete them! You look terrific in that last one!!

    I have been drinking shakes from a company called Advocare - they're very good, especially the chocolate and vanilla. Strawberry has a strange kind of taste tho. I add a scoop of protein powder that I get at GNC - the added powder thickens them up, too!

    Glad you're feeling good!!

    Lisa
    (Mrs. C)

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!