Wednesday, July 8, 2009

the birthday with no whiskers

like many girls, i dig a go-tee. or a nicely trimmed beard. for 10 years now, ive had both. its what makes a man, manly.

but ive not always shared that thought. i laugh when i remember mine & sweet hubbs very first phone conversation. we had met on a friday in late 1999. the next day, we talked on the phone for over 12 hours. [being 19 - i was in heaven] i remember sitting on the kitchen floor, legs on the walls, head laid back on a pillow. i remember during one of my random mumblings - i said "well i think body hair on a guy, is gross." little did i know, my man [24 at the time] was well endowed in body hair. and i remember how quickly i felt like the height of a grain of rice, when i saw him the next time. go-tee, & all.

needless to say, i now love body hair on a man. i think it defines sexiness. maturity.

however, after 10 years of marriage and a new policy at his work - he is now, whisker'less. i grieve. but, because my hubbs is fantabulous, he provides me with scruffies friday - sunday. now, that's love. ♥

we recently celebrated his 34th birthday, whiskerless.



2 comments:

  1. Awww, happy b-day to your hubby. I agree! I hate when my hubby shaves off his scruff. He's got such a baby face than!

    Visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute! It looks like you made sure your hubbs had a wonderful birthday. It was lovely meeting you via SITS!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!