Monday, January 7, 2008

and my answer was given

one of my new years resolutions is to get back in church actively and build my relationship with God back to the way it has been in the past. for over a year now, we have been visiting a church here in Maryville, since the church I grew up in, is in Kingston. The pastor is wonderful. As is the members and music.

one of my friends is a member of a non-denominational church, under the pentacostal religion. i know they are known for the awesome music, praise and worship. but i also know that they believe in utterance, or speaking in tounge and laying of hands. she has invited me to go, and knowing how i was raised and what i believe, ive always said no. i did finally promise a visit, still very leary but with a very uneasy feelings, kind of like this is not what i am supposed to be doing. we haven't been to our church in several weeks, and on our way to the movies today with the kiddos, our pastor called. i feel that was my answer on where i need to be and not going and being apart of something that i have not felt called to do.

i do believe that there are all types of religions, and as long as you believe and are saved, its your choice where and how you worship. but i do know how i was raised and how God has blessed my life, and I don't need to leave what I know. im thankful that i now know what i want to do and where i belong.

1 comment:

  1. From Amy. ammyythest@yahoo.com
    1/7/08 7:44 P.M.

    You have to be where you are comfortable. I grew up in a Pentacostal Church and Allen grew up in a Southern Baptist Church. The Church where we go is Southern Baptist and it is wonderful. Just Remember it never hurts to go visit another Church if you aren’t sure. Only way you know for sure is to rule it out. Never know where God is gonna lead or use you. If you feel bad about it then don’t but if you feel even the tiniest bit inclined to go..then you should pray about it. Never know when that opportunity God is gonna give you to say something that can reach another person. Remember that He is the Driver and he allows us to be the passenger. Sometimes when the passenger tries to give the Driver directions they get lost. Hope it works well for ya! Miss Ya! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! ♥ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!