I did it! I did it! I did it!
I know my normal weigh-in day is Wednesday, but I am so excited I couldn't wait. Weighing in this morning, I hit my loss of -50. New weight: 207.1
This brings me to a total loss of -51.7 since being banded less than 3 months ago. LOVE THIS BAND!
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
When I started this journey in September, I read and read your blogs. I took note of everything, big and small, that helped each successful bandster. Consistently, it was setting goals. I had never been a goal setter, with a plan, agenda and time. I would casually come to a conclusion that I needed to get something done and would just do it. It was very unorganized. Perhaps, that's why I always failed.
So, the day before my surgery, I sat down with a piece of paper and identified where I was at, where I wanted to be and when I wanted to be there:
start: 258.8 [heaviest weight ever]
goal 1: by Labor Day
250 [✔ 9.11.10]
goal 2: by Halloween
goal 3: by Thanksgiving
goal 4: by New Year's Day (50 lb. loss)
goal 5: by January 31
goal 6: 10th Anniversary, 4/7
I've hit everyone one of them and am only 4.7 away from hitting my New Year's Day goal 208.8, which will be a loss of 50 lbs. I'm so.freaking.excited! Setting these goals have really made this journey the success it's been. It's actually, for me, been fun! So, thanks to those who have shared their "tricks of the trade" to aid our journeys. I leave you with a few of mine:
- If I put it in my mouth, I write it down. If you have a Realize Band, www.realizeyoursuccess.com, is fabulous! If not, there are free sites such as livestrong.com and sparkpeople.com. I know you may think this is time consuming but if you prepare your meals the night before, take 5 minutes to journal.
- I cook my own food. Having total control over my nutritional content gives me the power to consistently make healthy choices. I've eaten out 4 times since being banded - I searched for nutritional facts online before I went and stayed healthy with choices under 350 calories.
- "Eat" my protein. Protein shakes are actually not recommended after you are graduated to solids, post your first fill. As we know liquids go straight through; we benefit from solids.
- I don't drink my calories. 'tis the season for some yummy Starbucks - be careful!
- Only protein for snacks. I've actually had a snack maybe 4-5 times since being banded, and that came before a workout. I love me some beef jerky!
- If I want something specific, I don't eat it: If I can specifically say "I want a piece of buffalo chicken pizza with extra jalapeno's, that's just head hunger. I listen to my tummy and don't eat unless I for sure know it's ready.
- Exercise. It's def a love/hate relationship; but I like the energy is gives me.
- I don't keep snacks around. Again, I've not been a snacker since being banded. And even when I see something I think would make a good healthy snack, I just don't get them. Why start the habit?
- Graphing. I use several graphs to track my loss. It's exciting to see the progress downward.
- Pictures. Each little milestone I hit, I take pictures. The changes excite me!
Posted by nikki at 3:40 PM
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
I want to thank you all for the kind words and prayers on my last post regarding my husband's mamaw. She passed on Friday, rather peacefully actually. All of the children and grandchildren were bedside which brought peace to them all. Again, thank you. ♥
As for my food over the past few days, It wasn't perfect. I did have a -1.1 lb. loss which I am happy about. It should be more but it was an emotional time and there were lots of unhealthy choices. I did have portion control mostly, just not healthy choices. I am also happy to say, "bye-bye 220's" - I'm officially 219.1!
A sneak-peak at exciting upcoming goals:
- .3 away from reaching -40 lb. loss.
- 11.1 away from -50 lb. loss
- 20.1 away from saying good-bye to the 200s forever
Excited? TOTALLY! Focused? UNBELIEVABLY SO!
This Thursday night is the annual Christmas Gala held by my Surgeon's office. It is a big event held at the Airport Hilton. Heavy (healthy) hors d' oeuvres, a program from the surgeons office and a fashion show from patients who have lost. I have two days to find the perfect dress. I'm so excited. Does your surgeon's office host a holiday event?
Posted by nikki at 5:32 PM
Thursday, December 2, 2010
- My husband's mamaw is dying. She has only been given a few days, this was a few days ago. She got worse over night and all the family has been called in. Prayers appreciated.
- Thanksgiving was a success. Well, except for the tiny smigeon of pumpkin pie and the few crackers with homemade cheeseball I had at a get together the following Saturday.
- Weigh-in Wednesday showed only a .2 lb. loss. It was a loss and I am happy with that. I've only got in 3 days of excercise in the past week - due to the sickness of his mamaw. Plus I did indulge (see above) a bit over Thanksgiving. This was my lowest week yet but as I said, it's been an off week. Also, I think it's time for my monthly pest.
- I will update more later. I've been reading, just haven't had time to comment.
Posted by nikki at 11:27 AM